Search with Google

Friday, November 03, 2006

Licence To Pour


Ok well I haven't got a licence to kill, but today my licence to sell or supply alcohol arrived in the post. I have a colourful sheet of paper to display behind the bar and yet another piece of plastic to put in the wallet (with a very dodgy mug-shot on it.)

The business account is taking a while to set up; the banks are being slower than I had hoped for. What with card machines and the like, we are getting swamped with papers to sign. I am convinced that the finance institutions of Great Britain must be responsible for the decimation of huge swathes of Amazonian rain forest!

We were planning to visit the village this weekend, but it has been postponed until the weekend of 11th/12th November. I spoke to Arnie, the current landlord earlier today. He said that it had been very quiet in the pub this week! I will have to think of interesting ways to entice customers into the bar during the colder months of the year.
I hope to enhance the existing pub website when I finally arrive and I thought about the possibility of a webcam that would look out to sea and show the current weather. Combined with the Rickham.net weather site (see links) I thought this would allow people to get a better feel for the village. I am open to any suggestions people might have regarding this and other ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Delighted to hear that the Provi is continuing.

Hopefully not too many changes, but please ditch the TV (except for rugby!) and do away with the radio.....

encouraged from East Portlemouth (sometimes)