Search with Google

Monday, October 16, 2006


Well, we had a great weekend. The anniversary meal ended up as a home cooked affair in the cottage complimented by a bottle of Bollinger. I got an opportunity to meet some more of my local customers to be whilst in the pub and what a fine bunch they are. More later on the locals when I have their permission to make reference to them in this blog. Helen and I bought a super all singing all dancing coffee maker that is destined for the pub, but I'll need a degree in engineering to operate it. In fact it is still in its box! Now, the village cafe is great for an all English breakfast so what with the anniversary meal and two good breakfasts not only have we had a great weekend, but we've also put on a few pounds.

I have been chasing up the solicitors today, they are taking forever to get the lease details sorted out and considering that I want to be up and running from the start of December I really need them to get their acts together. We had a good meeting on saturday with one of our future chefs and I came away quite excited by the choice of menu items she wants to cook. I have a good feeling about the future, I'm confident I can make a go of the pub and that we'll all benefit from it.

No comments: