Search with Google

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Not a criminal!


Things are moving again. We are getting our solicitors to redraft the lease documents and today I received my Criminal Record Disclosure, telling me that I don't have, have never had and hopefully will never have a criminal record. Now I am in possession of this costly piece of paper (£20.00 for something I already knew) I can submit my licence papers to the local authority. I should then be given a Personal Licence that allows me to serve alcoholic drinks under the terms of the 2003 Licensing Act. When I am actually living in East Prawle I will apply for a change of name on the existing Premises Licence, but that has to be done through the South Hams District council, the local authority that covers the area.
This weekend Helen and I are taking the boys to the cottage. Whilst there I am going to be working behind the bar on Saturday. I will ask Helen to get some pictures of me in my guise as landlord!
I have been giving a lot of thought to the seperation issue. Being away from my family all week is the biggest downside of the whole venture. I have told Helen that as much as I want to see them, I don't want her to feel forced into travelling down with the children every Friday night after a long working week. I think she will be in danger of running herself into the ground. She will be getting up early to muck out our horse each day, then she will be rushing home to get the boys ready for school/pre-school before then going off to work. She works in a high pressure environment and often works long hours, we are lucky that her parents are able to help us a lot with the children. I think she deserves a break as well. So we will have to find a way of seeing each other on a regular basis, but not to the detriment of her health.

No comments: