Search with Google

Monday, February 12, 2007

The Emergency


Today has been a steady day for the pub. No records were broken, but we sold sufficient beer and food to make everything good in the world, well certainly in The Provi'. We did however, have a major emergency. Charlie, our new puppy was off his food and as the day progressed he became more and more lethargic as well as suffering from a nasty bout of sickness. At 10.00pm I felt it necessary to take him to the vet. I have Sam, my 14 year old son staying with me this week and together we took Charlie to the vets in Kingsbridge. It was quite worrying, the little chap was not his usual puppylike self and the vet determined that Charlie had eaten something that did not agree with him. After an injection, some pills and a nasty looking cream that I have to force down his throat (not to mention a hefty dent in the wallet) we brought him back to the pub. He's laying quietly at my feet as I type this. I hope he'll be back to normal tomorrow.


More soon.

No comments: